App store optimization is a method for enhancing an app’s reach in an app store (ASO). In app stores, every app is ranked based on several factors. You will rank better and get more downloads if you use good keywords, images, and localized descriptions.
Despite their differences, ASO and SEO primarily concern an app store’s search function and ranking algorithms. There is a slight overlap between SEO and ASO in several areas, which can be helpful when first attempting to improve your App Store rankings.
Before we take forward the best practices of App Store Optimizing, let us understand its importance.
Why is ASO important?
It won’t harm to say that the app business is one of the most crowded and competitive markets. There are 2.2 Million Apple Store Apps and 2.8 Million Google Play Store Apps. 65% of downloads originate from app search inquiries, according to Apple, making in-app search a crucial conversion channel. Because of this, it’s necessary to use an in-app store acquisition strategy like App Store Optimization. ASO can be an effective growth strategy when used adequately. Your chances of gaining the kind of customers you need for sustained success considerably rises by increasing the exposure of your app in the app stores.
App store organic searches account for about 67% of app downloads. This indicates that when searching for apps in the app store, users frequently use general search phrases. App marketplaces are also continuously expanding. You must create a comprehensive App Store Optimization strategy if you want people to find and download your app.
- App Name: First things first- think about a unique yet easy to connect & relevant app name. Choose a name for your app that accurately describes its goal. We are not discussing names like “Musical App” or “Productivity Tracker App,” though. It should be pertinent and evocative so that people can reasonably understand what your app is about and so that it ranks higher for pertinent keywords.
- Description: Although the description section has less of an effect on SEO and ranking, it’s still crucial to provide a concise and insightful introduction to your app. The description on the app page provides visitors with information on the app’s features and functionalities, much as the meta descriptions used for websites. The greatest spot to describe your app and persuade consumers to download it is in the abbreviated excerpt. Put your key argument for why they should download your app there.
- Keyword: Consumers typically search for apps on the app stores using a few words or 2- to 3-word feature-based phrases. It is important to remember that only when the right keywords are chosen will relevant search traffic be achievable. Accurate mobile data could help developers better optimize their apps by helping them better understand user search behavior. It is important to remember that iOS Store developers have a character constraint of 100 characters that they must fit their keywords under. Apps in the Google Play Store are not required to disclose their keywords. As unrelated words lower your rating, developers should choose keywords that are most pertinent to their app and incorporate them into the description.
- Icons & Screenshots: It is important to improve your app’s icon because it is the first thing a customer sees while browsing for apps in the app stores. A good icon combines creativity with simplicity, recognizability, and impact. It should be designed in such a way that it stands out from the numerous apps accessible on the app stores and is enticing enough to capture users’ attention at first sight. Also, it needs to give a decent notion of what your program performs. Use a simple color scheme. A nice combination of colors contrasts. To stand out in the search results listings and the app page, app snippets are a crucial component. They gain a lot of attention and have a big impact on conversion rates.
- Reviews & Ratings: The reviews and ratings that an app has received affect its rankings as well. The more favorable reviews and ratings your software receives, the more popular it will be in the market it was created targeted. The best way to validate the value of your app is with a string of positive reviews, which is also one of the most important ranking factors. The apps with the highest rating counts in the app stores are the ones that actively solicit consumer feedback to inform their product roadmap and future updates. Most consumers require additional involvement or need a reminder to provide feedback. You may improve your ratings by giving thoughtful reviews and ratings.
- Preview Video: It is crucial to determine whether or not your app will succeed. Before publishing new video previews to the app stores, developers should test them. It ought to be brief and direct. After 12 seconds, 80% of users turn away from a preview video. Refrain from starting your video with a welcome message or a fade-in. Since that it takes up most of your first screenshots on iOS and Android, the poster frame needs special attention. As a result, you should make sure that the poster frame and feature graphic adhere to the same standards as your screenshots.
- Bringing Traffic: An SEO-optimized website that hosts information on your app will increase traffic to the pages on your app store. Also, it will improve your app’s Google rating, increasing download interest from users. The number of visitors to your application will increase if you create an online presence via social media, ask for ratings and reviews, and spend money on online advertising. Making Android and iOS app content linkable and accessible from a mobile web search or a web search is known as app indexing. Paid app advertising is another option for increasing application traffic.
Every custom mobile app developer strives to stand out in the cluster of apps on Google Play and the App Store by offering their finest efforts. An important factor in this fierce battle is ASO. When combined with good software, smart promotion, and user acquisition, the aforementioned App Store Optimization tactics will have a greater impact than anything else you could do to promote your app, providing you with higher returns on your investment. Moreover, app store optimization is a continuous process. You must continuously optimize your app by improving your keyword list, tracking your keyword positions, keeping an eye on your reviews and ratings, thinking of new ways to improve the components of your app store page, and improving the app reach.
You may want to read more,
- Top Reasons Why You Need A Mobile App Development Company
- SEO Trends That Will Play Impotent Rule in Google Search
Tell us how we can improve?