Agriculture has historically served as the foundation of several societies. Agriculture machinery has been a source of incredible returns on investment since its origin. Agriculture solutions is a word that refers to any of the equipment, tools, and machines that are used to assist in the production of agricultural products on a farm. It is incredible to think that nearly 2 percent of the overall population is capable of feeding the other 98 percent of the people. This has occurred as a result of the agricultural machinery that has been put in place.
By 2050, India would be responsible for feeding more than 10 billion people, necessitating a 70 percent rise in agricultural production today. The country of India is one of the world’s largest producers of agriculture, and modernization offers the country the chance to significantly increase agricultural yields to fulfill both internal and international demand. Because of a lack of storage facilities and a lack of coordination from the forward distribution chain, it is believed that 40% of local food is wasted. This represents a significant reason for ecommmerce to increase the efficiency of Agricultural production from beginning to finish.
For the first time in history, there is tremendous potential and demand for an innovation strategy to food production to make the food supply chain more robust and its agriculture increasingly independent at the same time.
Agriculture should accept a digital revolution facilitated by connectedness to deal with the pressures that are set to further destabilize the business. Agriculture, on the other hand, has been less digitalized than many of the other sectors throughout the world. Technological developments, in the form of more strong and economical equipment, and biological advancements, in the form of more prolific seed and fertilizers, were the primary drivers of past progress. To achieve the next level of productivity enhancement, even more, advanced digital technologies are required.
Several are currently available to assist farmers in making more effective and sustainable use of materials, whereas others are in the process of being developed. These new technologies have the potential to enhance decision-making by enabling better hazard and variation administration, hence optimizing yields and increasing profitability. In livestock farming, they may improve the well-being of cattle, which will help address the rising worry about animal welfare in the world.
What do you know about Agrotechnology?
- Agrotechnology, often known as agriculture technology is effective in mapping, evaluating, and directing agricultural choices in a precise and organized manner. This involves the use of technology to facilitate speedier planting, the development of modified crops that thrive in a variety of conditions, and the harvesting of crops. It may also refer to the use of robotics, big data, artificial intelligence, or any other approaches that are essential to address the issues that the agricultural business is facing. Agriculture solutions are available in a variety of forms, including satellite imaging, sensors, agricultural machinery, and software solutions. Aerial photography is one kind of agriculture solution. Throughout recent times, drones have moved from imaging to computationally intensive soil depth, structure, and assessment, as well as crop scouting and reconnaissance.
- It may map the yield as well as individual plants to identify crop enemies sooner. Farmers will be able to apply accurate pesticides and eliminate pests at an earlier stage as a result of this. This additionally assists in minimizing the use of needless pesticides to commodities that are not being attacked by pests or diseases.
- The effective administration of fertilizers and pesticides in agriculture continues to be a significant difficulty, particularly while determining which fertilizer is most successful for certain plans, when to use it, and in what amounts. The use of crop sensors may make it simple for farmers to release pesticides and herbicides in the amounts that the crops need while also saving money.
- In agriculture, global positioning systems (GPS) are being quite popular. For instance, modernized agriculture makes extensive use of GPS technology to record the state of fields and other assets. It is simple to assess and record the outputs from a specific farm, as well as to record the application rates, using GPS technology.