Want to enter the competitive online grocery shopping market with a bang? It is the right time to be a part of this profitable business. The article will give you a glance into the steps that you need to follow during grocery delivery app development to ease how grocery deliveries take place and boost visibility and profits manifold for traditional supermarket stores.
After the pandemic came to an end it became obvious that grocery stores need to digitize their operations to ensure more customers get knowledge about the offerings they provide.
Alongside, you will also get educated on the aspects such as the ones listed below-
- Market stats for grocery delivery app popularity
- The business model the app adopts
- The revenue model the app follows
- Features present in a typical online grocery shopping app
- How to build a grocery delivery app?
- Cost to develop grocery delivery app
Market Stats for Online Grocery Shopping Popularity
We have enlisted the market stats below for the online grocery shopping solutions that depict their overall profitable, lucrative, and popular nature.
- The valuation of the market was $285.70 billion in 2021.
- The online grocery shopping business will experience a growth at a CAGR of 25.3% between 2022 and 2030.
- Online grocery apps have witnessed use increase by 11% in 2022.
- The use of on-demand grocery apps will grow by 20.5% by 2026.
Through these numbers, you can formulate well that embracing grocery delivery app development is the right approach to take. It demands adherence to follow some of the important steps.
How to Perform Grocery Delivery App Development?
When you decide to embrace grocery app development services to give a digital avatar to your supermarket store and create an online grocery shopping venture, you must keep some pointers in mind.
Here’s discussing the same below.
When you build an online grocery shopping solution, you must know business models.
Here are three main kinds-
- Inventory model where grocery stores directly supply orders to customers.
- The multi-vendor model is where customers place orders from the app and get them delivered to their doorstep.
- The hyper-local model is where the customer enters the app and sends the order to the local grocery store and shops.
Make sure to have an insight into these three and adopt one that is in sync with your business needs and customer requirements.
It is vital to ensure the app is unique. Therefore, you need to include some features in the solution. Before that, you need to however note there are three main segments- customers, delivery drivers, and grocery stores. Once you have an aspect of this, you need to know the features. Here are some you can particularly include.
Knowing the different features and including them, you will be able to ensure user engagement will remain high and all the other two segments will remain glued to the solution for a long time.
Choose the Appropriate Revenue Model
It is important next to select a revenue model that will allow your online grocery shopping solution to boost its profits.
- Charging commissions to sellers for sales made on the app
- By asking the buyer and delivery driver to pay a fee for delivery
- By getting vendors to pay a membership fee
- Making vendors to pay for getting listed
From these four, select one that allows your online grocery shopping business to boost its revenues and profits.
Create Robust App
When you create a grocery app, you must focus on making it robust. Therefore, use tech stacks that are in vogue.
Here are some you can use-
- Back end – Laravel
- Mobile development – React Native and Java for Android and Swift for iOS
- Database – MongoDB, MySQL
- Payments – Braintree, PayPal, Stripe
- Geo-location – Google Maps API
- Utilities – Twilio, Firebase, Google, and Facebook SDK
- Server- AWS
Make sure you know about these so that the end-solution works robustly and incidents of crashes do not occur at all.
Buy Readymade Grocery Delivery App
The last crucial step during grocery delivery app development is to buy a readymade grocery delivery app also known as the grocery app clone. The solution being ready to launch is easy to customize and modify.
However, it is not easy to know which solution is best in the market. To ascertain the same, check the following aspects-
- Check the tech stack which was used during the grocery clone app development.
- Assess its open-source nature.
- Examine the features present in it and go through its modifiable nature.
Knowing the different steps whose formulation needs to take place during grocery delivery app development, it is vital to focus now on the cost factor.
Estimated Cost to Develop Grocery App
When you plan on digitizing your grocery store and building an online grocery shopping solution, you must focus on the financial factor. For instance, if you are taking the advantage of the readymade grocery delivery app, it becomes easy to save on finances to a great extent.
Here’s giving you rough figures for the cost to develop a grocery app on an hourly basis in different locations.
It is important to note that during grocery delivery app development, it is vital to keep finance under check. However, some factors might affect the budget.
- Based on the app design
- On the basis of features
- On-app complexity
- On location
It is vital thus you keep the app as simple as possible and maintain a design strategy that has a user-friendly approach. This will allow your budget to keep intact and ensure your finances remain within the strict check.
Reading this comprehensive guide, you can understand embracing grocery delivery app development is the right approach to adopt particularly if you want to digitize your grocery setup and create an online grocery shopping solution. Since app development from scratch consumes enormous time and finances, it is a good idea then to empower yourself with the readymade grocery delivery app or the grocery clone app. Being easy to modify and easy to customize, the solution will help grocery stores get visibility boosted among a greater percentage of customers. It will also support them achieve scalability and growth in a short time through the support they receive in serving customers and business needs as per future requirements.
Planning to become part of the $285.70 billion profitable grocery app market? Want to get a digital base with an online grocery shopping solution? Connect with a grocery delivery app development company specializing in grocery app clone development. They will channel their expertise to give you access to a solution that gets your business ready in a short period, meet customer needs seamlessly and get your profits rolling so you obtain maximum returns as well without any difficulty or facing challenges.
You may also want to read,