The world is full of all kinds of people who are driven by different motives, morals, and circumstantial needs. While some participants in society through hard work and diligence, some tend to steal what they cannot have owing to different conditions and inclinations. As a result, the need to safeguard one’s possessions becomes a necessity. This is where security guards come into action.
There are mainly three types of guards, namely residential, industrial and corporate. They differ in several aspects related to duty, but the aim of their employment remains the same- protecting a given area of space from harm.
Some Key Features That Distinguish Them Are
- Industrial guards: Industrial guards are employed to safeguard the industrial units of an enterprise. Their duties include maintaining a record of all transportation and surveillance of the area to prevent thefts. Maintaining public conduct within the setup of deployment and having fire fighting skills are essential for them.
- Corporate Guards: These security guards are employed in office buildings to safeguard the assets and confidential company files and documents. They are obliged to secure the office premises through constant monitoring and errands. They also have to maintain a record of all the visitors with relevant contact details. Additionally, they have the job to ensure that no trespassers enter the building and cause havoc in the office space.
- Residential guards: Their duty is to safeguard the house dwellers in their area of purview. They look out for thieves and potential delinquents so that the residents can have a good night’s sleep and carry out their daily chores without any worries. Prevention of vandalism by patrolling the locality is their chief task.
The above-listed duties hold a significant role in the community. Without security guards, society can go into a state of chaos. There are several reasons why one must invest in hiring a security guard.
- Protection: A security guard provides protection from thieves and delinquents alongside troublemakers. When a suspicious person tries to trespass, they are the first ones to run after it. They help in evacuation processes during fire outbreaks or any disasters. Hence, hiring a guard is significant to ensure that no one in their area of purview receives any harm.
- Deterrence: Guards help in deterring hooligans from entering the locality. It is indisputable that having a well-trained and vigilant armed guard surveilling an area would be conducive in instilling fear among those with wrong intents. If someone resides in an area prone to trespassing, hiring a guard is the most practical solution.
- Peace: Security guards would constantly monitor the location to ensure the safety of all occupants and protect their material possessions. This would naturally bring a great sigh of relief to people. Employees of an office can thus work without stressing about their physical safety, while residents of a house can enjoy their family time in harmony. Additionally, the owners of enterprises can rest assured that their products are unharmed.
- Establish trust: For businesses, gaining the confidence of the customers is of paramount importance. This is especially important for banks. Having a uniform security system with a guard would make the niche appear trustworthy and secure for investment. Often security guards also act as escorts for special and honourable guests who are potential investors or current stakeholders. Such services are essential for gaining or maintaining reliability. In the case of residences, having a security guard would make their visitors feel secure.
Security guards indisputably offer vital services, without which living in peace would be difficult for everyone. They are employed in schools, hospitals, banks, and theatres, with other areas of public gatherings, to facilitate the regular flow of activities. Hiring them is hence worth all the peace and order they bring.