A website today is considered the face of every business and allows them to market the business online. If you want to establish credibility in today’s world and want to cut across the target audience, a website helps you create a positive impression. A website can be static or dynamic but understanding a static or dynamic website is of great help when creating an online strategy.
Things to know about static websites:
The static websites consist of fixed quantity of pre-approved web pages comprising a fixed structure and content. Therefore, the users can view the same content regardless of location and the browser on which they are vowing the site.
Typically, most web developers create static web pages containing HTML at its core and CSS used for adding visual elements and colors. When updating large websites, the developers need to edit the HTML source code, which is time consuming.
- The static websites allow you to segregate the front-end interface and the repository of content allowing you greater flexibility in presenting the content.
- Another reason why you may hire a website design company to create a static website is cost-effectiveness.
- The static websites contain static files, are lightweight, and can be served more quickly.
- The advancement of developer tools and the keenness to optimize the website performance beyond limits makes businesses flock to static websites.
- Once you publish a static website, it does not change or reflect the changes of users.
Reasons to use static websites:
Why should you consider using a static website? Read the points below to find out the key reasons to use static websites.
- Loading speed
The servers-site approval makes the website free from challenges, especially when it comes to the loading speed as the site content is pre-approved. Therefore, the users do not experience hindrances, such as broken pages or images that are less likely to load.
Moreover, the page speed of static websites is faster as it presents itself in the form of static files that are lightweight, eventually resulting in SEO rankings.
The static website allows you to preset content across several channels without changing or editing the content. Furthermore, the flexibility of static structure adapt to the changing requirements of the app or website.
- Security of static websites
In the static sites, the database of content becomes independent of the front-end interface, debarring the hackers from finding entry points to the website and keeps your date secure. When compared to the database-driven sites, the users do not create a connection with the content database during each visit thereby keeping the site more secure.
Cons of static websites:
What can keep you away from static websites? Here is what you need to know.
- It is far more difficult to make the necessary changes in static websites, especially the larger ones.
- Due to the time and effort needed to update a static website, the content often becomes stale, making the company or the brand lag behind the latest.
- In static websites, you cannot interact with the users or create a unique experience.
You can discuss your requirements with a website design agency before making the right choice.
What is a dynamic website?
A dynamic website is data-driven and includes a database design and web programming. Therefore, it contains information and content that changes frequently based on various factors, such as the time and time zones, the users, and the country to which the viewers belong.
- When a user visits the site, the data passes on from the user’s browser to the server and when the user tries to access the site, the pages are created in real-time based on the data they ask for.
- As the HTML code is displayed on the web browser of the users, they can access different content at different times of the day based on environmental variables and cookies.
- With dynamic websites, you can do several things to impress the viewers and use them for e-commerce sites, such as updating and storing the products.
Things to know about dynamic websites:
What makes businesses go for dynamic websites? Here is what the experts of a website design company in Bangalore reveals.
- Enhanced user experience
A dynamic website is user-friendly and allows them to make the necessary changes to the site based on the needs. Typically, a dynamic site is highly interactive evident in the opportunity that it gives the users to leave comments. Quite naturally, the creators know about the site reviews in real time.
- Easy maintenance
With dynamic websites, uploading of content and editing the backgrounds or visual elements is easy.
- Updating the site and creating a professional look
One of the reasons why a dynamic website is the most sought-after option for a web designer is the professional appearance that it may get and edit it with equal ease. Moreover, you can update the site easily based on the requirements, unlike static websites.
Dynamic websites are more expensive to build and the layout and design limitations for displaying the content may not be a good fit for all kinds of sites.
The final word: The static website is the best option for websites with only a few pages. However, if you are creating a site for e-commerce site that changes the inventory constantly, a dynamic website is more appropriate.
Tell us how we can improve?