“Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.”- Chris Grosser
If you wait for the right time to come with folding hands then there are fewer chances of success, instead, you should find ways to succeed in the odd time too. The above quote best explains the same. Many businesses face failure because they can’t survive the hurdles or have improper plans.
According to the US Bureau of Statistics, approximately 20% of new businesses fail in the first 2 years of start. And just 25% of new businesses make it to 15 years or more. The facts may shock you, but failure happens because of some reasons. If you work on them, then you can increase the chances of surviving in difficult situations as well.
Do you know about Thomas Cook business giant that used to offer packaged tours? If yes, then you may know that it failed after more than 100 years. Shocking! Right?
These facts are not mentioned to afraid you, but to make you aware of how you should plan your travel business so that you can survive any circumstance. Today, you will come to know the secrets of doing travel business amid crises or difficulties. Read the 7 ways given below before starting your business.
1. Investigate the Business Environment: Businesses operate in a dynamic environment, not in a particular area. And travel is all about different places and their environments. By investigating the business environment you come to know whether the objective can be achieved or not. You have to find favorable situations in almost all the spheres like economic, demographic, social, competitive, technological, and global, then you can decide whether the business environment is suitable or not.
2. Plan for Contingencies: Disruptive events can happen at any time, so you should be ready for them. When you plan for the business, initially you have to inject money into the market, after that, you get some profit. In case, if you spend all the money and don’t get enough profit, then a contingency plan provides monetary help. Many circumstances can destroy your business and put it down, so you have to prepare for such events proactively. The contingency plan supports your business against disaster, crisis, customer switch, and many other worst conditions.
3. Understand the Crisis: You can prepare a robust plan for your travel business if you know what type of crisis exists now. By doing so you can understand where you need to put wise steps, and where no steps at all. Let’s take an example, if you know that countries that are situated at the river bank are facing contagious disease, then you will automatically understand that no one would like to travel in these places.
4. Follow World News: A wise travel businessman should know what is happening in the world so that he can plan further strategies accordingly. News channels, social media, magazines, journals, and more are the ways through which you can analyze where people would like to travel, and then you can increase prices for these places. For example, some countries are least affected by Corona, so there is a chance that people would like to go there as the situation improves little.
5. Monitor Every Step: From planning to execution, monitor every step heedfully, because you are trying to do business in an odd situation, so anything can turn against you. If you monitor every step, then you can escape from the problems or deal with them before they enlarge. For this, if you need some people then hire them, but not more than required. A team can ease your work.
6. Ensure Safety: This is for you and your employees. If you are determined to run the travel business in crisis, then you must prepare for the worst. Whoever you will higher in crisis, will also need support from you. So, if you need to make a few promises, then don’t hesitate, and win their trust. In a crisis, everyone is in need of security, so if you ensure employees’ security, they will do hard work for you. Don’t turn a blind eye to the safety of the business and its employees.
7. Enhance Your Contacts: In a crisis, most people may turn back to you, because it is risky now to help. But you can make new contacts. Today, in the era of technology, it is not a hard nut to crack. You can find contacts on social media and also increase your network through acquaintances. But, unnecessary contacts can divert you from your aim, and also prove an impediment for the business. So before making contacts do a little research.
8. Limit & Manage the Resources: To start the travel business you need to collaborate with some associations, so go for only vital ones. Don’t use many types of industry resources for your business, because they will increase your expenses. During this unprecedented time, you can initiate your business at home and save money from a rental office. Once you figure out that everything is fine and business has started properly, then you can take an office at rent, then work from home.
According to research- 47% of travelers surveyed globally, say they are planning to travel internationally in 2021. People love to explore new places, so you should not leave hope for the success of your travel business. Just keep in mind the above-mentioned 8 ways so that you can minimize the chances of failure; overcome the impediments and secure your travel business even in the crisis.
Make the decisions quickly and wisely while doing the travel business in crisis and don’t lose hope!
Tell us how we can improve?