GPS tracking is the surveillance of location which keeps track of mobile devices or other physical objects that enter or leave a geofenced area and sends warnings to officials when a device’s status changes. The technology can pinpoint the latitude, longitude, ground speed, & course direction of the target or object.
GPS tracking software helps you to give visibility into how your team moves from one site to another. This means an employer can track their employee’s time and attendance based on their locations without needing to travel to each site.
An employee GPS tracker for small business makes it easier to dispatch your teams & to trust they are working as required. It helps you to give more time to focus on other important tasks while building trust with your workers.
Next, we talk about the benefits of GPS tracking software or GPS tracker.
Benefits of the GPS Tracking Software
1) Real-Time Report: Software uses the GPS feature to track employee’s phone or mobile device to tell you where they are right now. And provide you with detailed reporting to assess how well the employee is doing their work. The best GPS tracking software companies provide ample storage space and keep your data available for as long as you need.
2) Automate tracking of location: It helps you totrack the route and moving team members; it follows the employees’ work hours and work location and records it to an excel table.
3) Online Timesheet management: The best GPS Tracking Software for employees uses time and attendance data to fill out timesheets automatically. Your employees’ timesheets are accurate this way, so you spend less time double-checking.
4) Easy to use technology: The GPS device is quick to install and easy to use. No advanced computer skills are required to operate it. If you have a problem, a technical support team is available to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Top 5 Best GPS Tracking software
It is the best GPS tracking software to track your employee’s movability. This software is best for all kinds of mobile workforces, attending multiple job sites. The software allows to see stops made, routes taken, and time spent at each location from the detailed dashboard. It helps to shows which team member is closest to the next job site so you can assign them appropriate tasks. It believes in providing the best services per customers’ business needs.
Use this GPS tracker provider to have all the information about your employees’ locations and vehicles in one place. GPS software helps to monitor traffic and possible obstacles on the road, which is related to planning – your employee can take an alternative, faster route to avoid being late.
- Real-time reporting to analyze the remote employee’s activity to understand how employees are spending their time.
- It helps to create tasks, assign jobs, define budgets, and set limits using its project budgeting feature.
- Time Tracking helps to track the hour spent on tasks, employee productivity and help employees to focus more on completing the tasks.
- It helps the employer to track productive work hours with the online timesheet.
- Its productivity tracking feature helps to identify productive employees, unproductive employees, inactive employees, etc.
- It also helps teachers to track every student’s activities and monitor their learning hours.
Pricing: Free software
Hubstaff provides you accurate GPS tracking services for maximum visibility.
The geofencing features are excellent. It helps to makes geofencing affordable for companies of all sizes. As your team grows & changes, it’s easy to add or remove users, so you only pay for what you need.
- It helps to track expenses & stay within a set budget
- Automate invoices to bill for a worked hour or related expenses
- Automate payroll & spend less time chasing down timesheets
- It helps to set up a schedule and work hours
- It helps track routes taken, stops made, & time spent at each location from a single dashboard.
Pricing: $10 per user per month
3. Timesheet Mobile
It is the best GPS tracker software for tracking the sales team and helps you to track the employees from anywhere. And helps the employer to manage the clock in and clock out of their employees.
- The application helps to remind employees to take breaks on schedule and helps to manage work hours efficiently.
- The employee scheduling feature allows you to allocate the right person for specific work.
- It helps to alert employees if they try to track unapproved overtime.
- Time tracking features enable the employee to remain focused on their work.
Pricing: $14.99 per month company subscription and $3.49 per employee.
Best for the workforce attending multiple job sites, including plumbers & electricians. It is a good GPS location tracker with detailed reporting of each job site. It helps both employers and employees to plan and remain focused on the working schedule easily.
- Geofencing features allow tracking login/logout of employees on entering the job sites.
- It helps the employee to record the data including clients’ information and their signature.
- Helps to optimize team with real-time location update every 30 seconds.
- Also, allow you to track the product deliveries and location of your staff.
- It alerts you when employees enter or leave the location on text message or email.
Pricing: $10 per user per month
It is a good software to track the mobile workforce. It utilizes an intuitive planner to create and assign jobs to your mobile workforce 24 hours a day. It helps to update employees when their schedule has been updated.
- It allows employees to clock in and out, leave notes, switch jobs from anywhere and at any time.
- It helps to create, assign, and share updated schedules 24/7.
- Its GPS time tracking app allows the employer to identify each employee throughout the day.
- Users can use this app both in online/offline mode.
Pricing: $5 per user per month plus a $10 base fee.
Here above we discussed the 5 best GPS tracking software with their features and pricing. So, it is up to you to choose the best software which suits your business needs. If you ask my opinion then I suggest WorkStatus over others. It is due to its amazing features includes Online Timesheets, Employee scheduling, Geofence, GPS tracking, Employee productivity monitoring, Time tracking, and many more.
GPS tracking is only for on-field employees. It if for industries like – your RO repair companies, service centers that send people home, online deliveries.